Five decades ago Shri Bishal Chand Jain, a great philanthropist, prominent social worker and educationist & his wife Smt.
Sushila Jain realised the need of quality education in a community that was increasingly becoming aware of the rapidly changing times and the need to adapt them. The school became functional on 1st July 1966 under the management of a Committee comprising of noted educationists and eminent personalities. Asha Modern School is the enterprise and endeavour of the Founder Principal and currently the Manager Miss Asha Jain who realized the need to provide meaningful education to a large number of children. With her visionary approach and lofty ideas she has truly made Asha Modern School a ‘Citadel of Learning’. It is now a premium institution providing quality education to the children.
The school is situated near the Civil Court. Housed in the most ultra-modern building, it is well equipped with laboratories, library, gymnasium, canteen etc. A team of highly qualified teachers constitute the teaching faculty and provide the highest quality of education.
Asha Modern School is a Senior Secondary Co-Educational School affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. The medium of instruction is English. The humble beginnings with a mere handful of children led to colossal heights as we see Asha Modern School today with above 3000 students. A wide range of curricular and co-curricular activities are provided for the all-round development of the students. Many students have achieved meritorious positions in the CBSE examinations and have
added to the honor of this school. In the last 50 years Asha Modern School has produced a galaxy of eminent young men and women who have brought glory to it, not only in India but abroad as well.
While inculcating the best of Indian culture and tradition among its pupils and giving them the very best in academics, the school aims at developing in them a sense of discipline and spirit of service and fair play. The school also aims to preserve and enhance the highest standard of excellence and prepare generations of students to face the challenges in real life. The school also provides a stimulating, purposeful, cheerful, safe and secure environment, enabling all children to develop academically and socially.
The following are its objectives:
- To develop intellectual moral and social qualities.
- To develop a tolerant, balanced, independent attitude or mind.
- To prepare students for the responsibilities and privileges of adult life.
- To develop a socially desirable behaviour and sense of community service.
- To give knowledge of sound health and civic living.
- To provide educational facilities for the complete and all-round development of the student’s personality and potential.
- To inculcate among students communal hermony, universal brotherhood and national integration.
- To make students aware that a disciplined environment contributes to the achievement of one’s goal.
- To make students realize that striving for excellence in all areas must be the goal in life.