For Classes IX to XII
75% attendance is absolutely necessary for students of Class IX to XII. Students having less than 75% attendance, without any genuine reason, will be removed from rolls (in case of Classes IX & XI) or will not be sent up for Board Examinations (in case of Classes X & XII). The administration reserves the right to such decisions and on no account must parents or guardians of defaulting students try to force a change in the decision.
The School’s Code of Conduct
The importance of self-discipline cannot be over emphasized and we hope to help our pupils develop it in the years they spend at Asha Modern School.
On its own part the school imposes minimum punishment (corporal punishment in any form is forbidden) but it attempts to be firm and at the same time reasonable. We expect parents to co-operate with the administration in helping to inculcate in the students qualities of politeness, consideration, respect for all and above all good sense.
As per the school’s code of conduct, the following are socially unacceptable behaviour and students must, therefore, learn to avoid the same positively.
- Habitual unpunctuality.
- Irregular attendance.
- Absence from school for ten days in succession, without any adequate reason. In such case the name of the student will be struck off the rolls and re-admission fee will have to be paid.
- Insubordination or deliberate disobedience of orders given by a member of the school staff.
- Misconduct in the school premises.
- Bringing mobile phone in school is strictly forbidden.
- It is compulsory for students to wear I.D. cards issued by the school at all times in the school premises.
- Such conduct or act, which the Principal thinks to be detrimental to the general good of the school.
N.B. :- Criticism of a teacher or of the school, in the child’s presence should be avoided, because it causes the child to lose respect for his teachers and the school with a consequent failure to learn. A legitimate complaint should be taken straight to the Principal.